Senior Living in 06057 (New Hartford, CT)
- 06057 scores the same as the New Hartford, CT average of 79.
- 06057 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06057 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Charlotte Hungerford Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Cherry Brook Health Care Cente, Cherry Brook Health Care Center, and Valerie Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Canton Public Golf Course, Eastwood Country Club, and Fairview Farm Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Burr Pond State Park and Massacoe State Forest).
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Bakerville Methodist Church, St Paul\'s Ev Lutheran Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,704, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,271, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,762, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06057 has a sparse population density of 183.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.19%.