Senior Living in 06062 (Plainville, CT)
- 06062 scores the same as the Plainville, CT average of 74.
- 06062 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06062 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, Hospital For Special Care, and John Dempsey Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Bellmarie Residential Care Home For Seniors, Apple Rehab Farmington Valley, and The Landing of Farmington.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, Green Course at Tunxis Plantation Country Club, and Westwoods Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 86 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Mercy Church, Grace Lutheran Church, and First Bible Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,555, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,489, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,271, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06062 has a dense population density of 2,027.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.02%.