Senior Living in 06065 (Riverton, CT)
- 06065 scores the same as the Riverton, CT average of 76.
- 06065 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06065 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, Meadowbrook of Granby, and Valerie Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including Green Woods Country Club, Blandford Club, The, and Edgewood Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tolland State Forest, Sandisfield State Forest, and Burr Pond State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Bethany Lutheran Brethren Chr, Bethany Lutheran Brethren Chr, and Winsted United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,999, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,604, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,496, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06065 has a very sparse population density of 91.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.34%.