Senior Living in 06066 (Vernon Rockville, CT)
- 06066 scores the same as the Vernon Rockville, CT average of 72.
- 06066 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06066 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Rockville General Hospital and Manchester Memorial Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Vernon Manor Health Care Center, Fox Hill Center, and Rose Commons.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Connecticut Golf Land, Rolling Meadows Country Club, and Ellington Ridge Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Congregation B\'Nai Israel, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,113, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,115, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,784, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06066 has a dense population density of 1,650.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.48%.