Senior Living in 06068 (Salisbury, CT)
- 06068 scores the same as the Salisbury, CT average of 78.
- 06068 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06068 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sharon Hospital and Fairview Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Noble Horizons, Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Beckley House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (52% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Hotchkiss School Golf Course, Undermountain Golf Course, and Sharon Country Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mount Riga State Park, Mount Washington State Forest, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Salisbury Congregational Chr, All Saints-america Orthodox, and Our Lady of Valley Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $152,021, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $96,500, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,921, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06068 has a very sparse population density of 51.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.19%.