Senior Living in 06069 (Sharon, CT)
- 06069 scores the same as the Sharon, CT average of 75.
- 06069 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06069 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sharon Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Sharon Health Care Center, Morning Star Retirement Home, and The Kent, LTD.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Sharon Country Club, The, Silo Ridge Country Club, and Hotchkiss School Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Housatonic Meadows State Park, Kent Falls State Park, and Macedonia Brook State Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St Bernard\'s Church, United Church of Christ-Cong, and St Peter\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,893, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,014, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,788, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06069 has a very sparse population density of 50.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.04%.