Senior Living in 06073 (South Glastonbury, CT)
- 06073 scores the same as the South Glastonbury, CT average of 82.
- 06073 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06073 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saint Francis Care Behavioral, Veterans Home And Hospital, and Manchester Memorial Hospital.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in the area, including Gilmore Manor, Brookdale Mountain Laurel Hebron, and Marlborough Health Care Center.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 164 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Glastonbury Hills Country Club, Minnechaug Golf Course, and Quarry Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum, Gay City State Park, and Salmon River State Forest.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, 40 Prospect Street LLC, and Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $152,676, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $115,875, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,695, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.30%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06073 has a sparse population density of 334.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.11%.