Senior Living in 06074 (South Windsor, CT)
- 06074 scores the same as the South Windsor, CT average of 81.
- 06074 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06074 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Manchester Memorial Hospital, Rockville General Hospital, and St Francis Hospital & Medical Center.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale South Windsor, The Residence at South Windsor Farms, and The Village at Buckland Court.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 215 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Topstone Golf Course, East Hartford Golf Club, and Manchester Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wickham Park, Wickham Park, and Bushnell Park.
- There are 248 churches nearby, including Connecticut Valley Seventh Day, St Francis of Assisi Church, and St Margaret Mary\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,244, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $92,513, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,248, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06074 has an average population density of 916.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.89%.