Senior Living in 06076 (Stafford Springs, CT)
- 06076 scores the same as the Stafford Springs, CT average of 65.
- 06076 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06076 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Johnson Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Health Care Center, Lyon Manor, and Old Post Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Quaboag Country Club, Hampden Country Club, and Cedar Knob Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Nipmuck State Forest)..
- There are 22 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Edward\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,754, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,726, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,766, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06076 has a sparse population density of 147.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.65%.