Senior Living in 06078 (Suffield, CT)
- 06078 scores the same as the Suffield, CT average of 73.
- 06078 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06078 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Suffield Commons, Masonicare Partners Home Health and Hospice, and The Suffield House.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Suffield Country Club, Airways Golf Course & Country Club, and Grassmere Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Second Baptist Church, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $124,653, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,375, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,510, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.05%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06078 has a sparse population density of 485.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.55%.