Senior Living in 06081 (Tariffville, CT)
- 06081 scores the same as the Tariffville, CT average of 77.
- 06081 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06081 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Governor\'s House, Mclean , and Meadowbrook of Granby.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Fox Run at Copper Hill, Hotchkiss School Golf Course, and Hop Meadow Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Massacoe State Forest and Penwood State Park).
- There are 71 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, St Bernard\'s Rectory, and East Granby Congregational Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,289, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,841, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,232, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.22%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06081 has a dense population density of 2,001.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.94%.