Senior Living in 06093 (West Suffield, CT)
- 06093 scores the same as the West Suffield, CT average of 86.
- 06093 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06093 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Baystate Medical Center and Noble Hospital).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Suffield Commons, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Country Estates, and The American Inn At Sawmill Park.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 192 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Airways Golf Course & Country Club, Edgewood Golf Club, and Ranch Golf Club, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Springfield Armory)..
- There are 103 churches nearby, including Baha\'i Faith, Southwick Baptist School, and Southwick Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,078, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,974, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,747, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.78%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06093 has a sparse population density of 198.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.58%.