Senior Living in 06105 (Hartford, CT)
- 06105 has a SeniorScore® of 59, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Hartford, CT.
- 06105 scores lower than the Hartford, CT average of 63.
- 06105 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06105 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Francis Hospital & Medical Center).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Chelsea Place Care Center, Fernwood Manor, and Canterbury.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Keney Park Golf Club, Blue/Green Course at Hartford Golf Club, and Wampanoag Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elizabeth Park Conservancy and Bushnell Park).
- There are 124 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Cathedral of St Joseph, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,512, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,194, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,855, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06105 has a very dense population density of 8,251.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.71%.