Senior Living in 06108 (East Hartford, CT)
- 06108 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in East Hartford, CT.
- 06108 scores lower than the East Hartford, CT average of 72.
- 06108 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06108 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, Hartford Hospital, and Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in the area, including Greensprings Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Riverside Health and Rehabilitat, and Masonicare Partnership Home and Hospital.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including East Hartford Golf Club, Keney Park Golf Club, and Goodwin Course at Goodwin Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Wickham Park, Wickham Park, and Bushnell Park.
- There are 268 churches nearby, including St Isaac Jogues Church, New Testament Baptist School, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,954, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,134, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,504, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.58%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06108 has a dense population density of 2,994.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.38%.