Senior Living in 06110 (West Hartford, CT)
- 06110 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in West Hartford, CT.
- 06110 scores lower than the West Hartford, CT average of 81.
- 06110 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06110 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Hartford Hospital, Connecticut Childrens Medical Center, and Cedarcrest Hospital.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Chatfield, Brookdale Chatfield, and Avery Heights.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 232 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Rockledge Country Club, Buena Vista Golf Course, and Indian Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elizabeth Park Conservancy, Bushnell Park, and Westmoor Park.
- There are 307 churches nearby, including West Hartford United Methodist, St Mark the Evangelist Church, and Elmwood Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,798, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,313, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,250, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.59%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06110 has a dense population density of 3,792.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.71%.