Senior Living in 06111 (Newington, CT)
- 06111 scores the same as the Newington, CT average of 79.
- 06111 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06111 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Cedarcrest Hospital, Hospital For Special Care, and Veterans Home And Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in the area, including Bel Air Manor, Jefferson House, and Cedar Mountain Commons.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 234 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hill Country Club, Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, and Wethersfield Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum)..
- There are 162 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Baptist Church, St Mary\'s Rectory, and Church of the Holy Spirit.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,102, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,817, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,055, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06111 has a dense population density of 2,325.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.14%.