Senior Living in 06114 (Hartford, CT)
- 06114 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Hartford, CT.
- 06114 scores lower than the Hartford, CT average of 63.
- 06114 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06114 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hartford Hospital, Connecticut Childrens Medical Center, and St Francis Hospital & Medical Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Ellis Manor, Alberta Manor Rest Home, and The Retreat.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Goodwin Course at Goodwin Golf Course, Wethersfield Country Club, and Keney Park Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bushnell Park and Elizabeth Park Conservancy).
- There are 257 churches nearby, including Memorial Baptist Church, St Luke\'s Church, and St George Greek Orthodox.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,371, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,367, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,448, which is in the top 88% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.57%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06114 has a dense population density of 6,790.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 66.95%.