Senior Living in 06117 (West Hartford, CT)
- 06117 has a SeniorScore® of 85, which is the highest of any zip code in West Hartford, CT.
- 06117 scores higher than the West Hartford, CT average of 81.
- 06117 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06117 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Hebrew Home And Hospital Inc, St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, and Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including West Hartford Health and Rehabilitation Center, Hoffman Summerwood Community, and St. Mary Home.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 224 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Wampanoag Country Club, Blue/Green Course at Hartford Golf Club, and Rockledge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Westmoor Park, Elizabeth Park Conservancy, and Talcott Mountain State Park.
- There are 302 churches nearby, including Calvary Church, Beth El Temple, and United Synagogues of Hartford.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $149,777, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $109,142, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,152, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06117 has a dense population density of 1,737.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.49%.