Senior Living in 06119 (West Hartford, CT)
- 06119 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in West Hartford, CT.
- 06119 scores lower than the West Hartford, CT average of 81.
- 06119 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06119 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Francis Hospital & Medical Center, Hartford Hospital, and Connecticut Childrens Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Hamilton Heights, Hughes Health and Rehabilitation, and Fernwood West.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Buena Vista Golf Course, Rockledge Country Club, and Blue/Green Course at Hartford Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Elizabeth Park Conservancy, Westmoor Park, and Bushnell Park.
- There are 259 churches nearby, including St John\'s Episcopal Church, Beth David Synagogue, and St Thomas the Apostle Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,548, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,337, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,570, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06119 has a dense population density of 7,581.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.81%.