Senior Living in 06226 (Willimantic, CT)
- 06226 scores the same as the Willimantic, CT average of 59.
- 06226 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06226 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp and Natchaug Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph\'s Living Center, Vanderman Place, and Retirement Options.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Willimantic Country Club, Pautipaug Country Club, and Skungamaug River Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Ukrainian Catholic, Ebenezer Lutheran Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,789, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,346, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,496, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06226 has a dense population density of 2,781.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.31%.