Senior Living in 06234 (Brooklyn, CT)
- 06234 scores the same as the Brooklyn, CT average of 70.
- 06234 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06234 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Day Kimball Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Roseland Rch, Pierce Mem Baptist Home, and Creamery Brook Retirement Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Brooklyn Country Club, Vineyard Valley Golf Course, and Putnam Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Old Furnace State Park and James L. Goodwin State Forest).
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Federated Church of Christ, Our Lady of Lourde Catholic Ch, and St John Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,366, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,795, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,985, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.09%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06234 has a sparse population density of 269.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.95%.