Senior Living in 06238 (Coventry, CT)
- 06238 scores the same as the Coventry, CT average of 75.
- 06238 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06238 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Rockville General Hospital and Natchaug Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Mansfield Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Lyon Manor, and Old Post Village.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Skungamaug River Golf Course, Twin Hills Country Club, and Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Gay City State Park)..
- There are 47 churches nearby, including Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, First Congregational Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,136, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,502, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,349, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06238 has a sparse population density of 332.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.59%.