Senior Living in 06242 (Eastford, CT)
- 06242 scores the same as the Eastford, CT average of 84.
- 06242 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06242 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Natchaug Hospital, Johnson Memorial Hospital, and Day Kimball Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Holy Spirit Health Care Center, Roseland Rch, and Pierce Mem Baptist Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Vineyard Valley Golf Course, Harrisville Golf Course, and Woodstock Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (James L. Goodwin State Forest and Nipmuck State Forest).
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, St Philip-Apostle Church, and Pomeroy C.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,627, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,667, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,340, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06242 has a very sparse population density of 54.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.47%.