Senior Living in 06247 (Hampton, CT)
- 06247 scores the same as the Hampton, CT average of 82.
- 06247 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06247 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Natchaug Hospital and Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Roseland Rch, Pierce Mem Baptist Home, and Creamery Brook Retirement Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Vineyard Valley Golf Course, Willimantic Country Club, and Brooklyn Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (James L. Goodwin State Forest and Old Furnace State Park).
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Hampton Congregational Church, Abiding Word Church, and Our Lady of Lourde Catholic Ch.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,492, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,111, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,452, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06247 has a very sparse population density of 83.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.93%.