Senior Living in 06254 (North Franklin, CT)
- 06254 scores the same as the North Franklin, CT average of 83.
- 06254 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06254 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including William W Backus Hospital, Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp, and Natchaug Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including St Judes Housing Corporation, Senior Resource Area On Aging, and Norwichtown Rehabilitation and C.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Pautipaug Country Club, Norwich Golf Club, and Willimantic Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including James L. Goodwin State Forest, Hopeville Pond State Park, and Strawberry Park Resort Campground.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rc Church, St Francis of Assisi Church, and Redeemer Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,126, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,342, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,821, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.44%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06254 has a very sparse population density of 98.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.83%.