Senior Living in 06256 (North Windham, CT)
- 06256 scores the same as the North Windham, CT average of 77.
- 06256 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06256 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Natchaug Hospital and Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Douglas Manor, Retirement Options, and St. Joseph\'s Living Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Willimantic Country Club, Pautipaug Country Club, and Vineyard Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (James L. Goodwin State Forest)..
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Hampton Congregational Church, First Church of Christ, and Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,971, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,114, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,320, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.49%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06256 has a sparse population density of 288.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.16%.