Senior Living in 06259 (Pomfret Center, CT)
- 06259 scores the same as the Pomfret Center, CT average of 74.
- 06259 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06259 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Day Kimball Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Holy Spirit Health Care Center, Westview Nursing Care and Rehab, and Roseland Rch.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Vineyard Valley Golf Course, Putnam Country Club, and Harrisville Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (James L. Goodwin State Forest and Old Furnace State Park).
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Abington Congregational Church, Kinsolving Arthur L, and Pomeroy C.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,838, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,417, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,233, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.08%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06259 has a sparse population density of 108.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.95%.