Senior Living in 06262 (Quinebaug, CT)
- 06262 scores the same as the Quinebaug, CT average of 81.
- 06262 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06262 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Harrington Memorial Hospital and Hubbard Regional Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Charlton Manor Rest Home, Webster Manor Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Lanessa Extended Care.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Nichols College Golf Club, Harrisville Golf Course, and Woodstock Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including St Stephen\'s Church, First Congregational Church, and St Andrew Babola Catholic Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,379, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,823, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,201, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.22%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06262 has an average population density of 614.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.77%.