Senior Living in 06263 (Rogers, CT)
- 06263 scores the same as the Rogers, CT average of 71.
- 06263 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06263 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Day Kimball Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Masonicare Home Health and Hospice, Regency Heights Of Danielson, and Westview Nursing Care and Rehab.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Brooklyn Country Club, Vineyard Valley Golf Course, and Putnam Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Old Furnace State Park)..
- There are 27 churches nearby, including St Anne\'s Church, United Methodist Church, and Westfield Congregational Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,571, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $26,957, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,783, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 34.78%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06263 has an average population density of 1,493.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.