Senior Living in 06264 (Scotland, CT)
- 06264 scores the same as the Scotland, CT average of 85.
- 06264 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06264 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp, Natchaug Hospital, and William W Backus Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Douglas Manor, St. Joseph\'s Living Center, and Retirement Options.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Willimantic Country Club, Pautipaug Country Club, and Lisbon Country Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (James L. Goodwin State Forest)..
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Anajali Ministries, Christian Fellowship Church, and Beesley Jr James P.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,139, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,167, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,122, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06264 has a sparse population density of 114.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.67%.