Senior Living in 06266 (South Windham, CT)
- 06266 scores the same as the South Windham, CT average of 76.
- 06266 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06266 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp and Natchaug Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Douglas Manor, St. Joseph\'s Living Center, and Vanderman Place.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Willimantic Country Club, Pautipaug Country Club, and Norwich Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Beesley Jr James P, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Anajali Ministries.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,490, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,436, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,733, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.47%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 15% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06266 has an average population density of 522.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.00%.