Senior Living in 06268 (Storrs Mansfield, CT)
- 06268 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the highest of any zip code in Storrs Mansfield, CT.
- 06268 scores higher than the Storrs Mansfield, CT average of 62.
- 06268 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06268 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Natchaug Hospital and Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Mansfield Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Lyon Manor, and Retirement Options.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Skungamaug River Golf Course, Twin Hills Country Club, and Willimantic Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St Thomas Aquinas Chapel, Unitarian Fellowship of Storrs, and Storrs Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,313, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,707, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,062, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.15%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06268 has a sparse population density of 436.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.00%.