Senior Living in 06269 (Storrs Mansfield, CT)
- 06269 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Storrs Mansfield, CT.
- 06269 scores lower than the Storrs Mansfield, CT average of 62.
- 06269 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06269 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Natchaug Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Mansfield Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Lyon Manor, and Retirement Options.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Skungamaug River Golf Course, Twin Hills Country Club, and Willimantic Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Hillel Foundation, St Thomas Aquinas Chapel, and Storrs Congregational Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has a per capita income of $4,467, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06269 has a dense population density of 7,696.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.