Senior Living in 06282 (Woodstock Valley, CT)
- 06282 scores the same as the Woodstock Valley, CT average of 79.
- 06282 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06282 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Harrington Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Holy Spirit Health Care Center, Charlton Manor Rest Home, and Southbridge Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Harrisville Golf Course, Woodstock Golf Course, and Vineyard Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Nipmuck State Forest)..
- There are 27 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Evangelical Covenant Church, and East Woodstock Congregational.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $118,271, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,984, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $53,829, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06282 has a sparse population density of 191.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.76%.