Senior Living in 06320 (New London, CT)
- 06320 scores the same as the New London, CT average of 59.
- 06320 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06320 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarcliff Manor, Crossings East Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Crossings West Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Goose Run Golf Course at Naval Submarine Base, New London Country Club, and Birch Plain Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Fort Trumbull State Park, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Connecticut College Arboretum.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including St Mary Star of the Sea Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and Shiloh Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,875, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,584, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,373, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.72%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06320 has a dense population density of 4,990.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.68%.