Senior Living in 06330 (Baltic, CT)
- 06330 scores the same as the Baltic, CT average of 75.
- 06330 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06330 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (William W Backus Hospital and Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch Hosp).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including St Judes Housing Corporation, Senior Resource Area On Aging, and Norwichtown Rehabilitation and C.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Pautipaug Country Club, Norwich Golf Club, and River Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hopeville Pond State Park, Strawberry Park Resort Campground, and James L. Goodwin State Forest.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rc Church, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Anajali Ministries.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,243, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,520, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,740, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06330 has a sparse population density of 179.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.50%.