Senior Living in 06334 (Bozrah, CT)
- 06334 scores the same as the Bozrah, CT average of 79.
- 06334 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06334 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (William W Backus Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including St Judes Housing Corporation, Senior Resource Area On Aging, and Norwichtown Rehabilitation and C.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Norwich Golf Club, Pautipaug Country Club, and Chanticlair Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Devil\'s Hopyard State Park and Nehantic State Forest).
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Bozrah Centre Congregational, Sacred Heart Church, and St Joseph\'s Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,418, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,811, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,688, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06334 has a sparse population density of 133.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.35%.