Senior Living in 06339 (Ledyard, CT)
- 06339 scores the same as the Ledyard, CT average of 74.
- 06339 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06339 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center, Avalon Health Care Center at Stoneridge, and Mystic Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including The North Course at Goodwin Golf Course, Pequot Golf Club, and Stonington Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Strawberry Park Resort Campground, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Connecticut College Arboretum.
- There are 47 churches nearby, including Gallup Hill Baptist Church, Tree of Life Ministries Inc, and Ledyard Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,404, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,258, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,503, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.15%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06339 has a sparse population density of 308.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.51%.