Senior Living in 06340 (Groton, CT)
- 06340 scores the same as the Groton, CT average of 68.
- 06340 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06340 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Windham Falls Estates, Groton Regency, and Grasso Gardens.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Birch Plain Golf Course & Driving Range, Shennecossett Golf Club, and Shennecossett Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, Bluff Point State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Groton Heights Baptist Church, Noank Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Mother of the Redeem.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,597, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,606, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,009, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06340 has an average population density of 1,369.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.99%.