Senior Living in 06351 (Jewett City, CT)
- 06351 scores the same as the Jewett City, CT average of 68.
- 06351 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06351 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (William W Backus Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Villa Maria Nursing and Rehab Community, Crestwood Manor, and Sheltering Arms Retirement Residence.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including River Ridge Golf Course, Lisbon Country Golf Club, and Norwich Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hopeville Pond State Park, Pachaug State Forest, and Strawberry Park Resort Campground.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Bethel Methodist Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and St Augustine Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,034, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,945, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,921, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06351 has a sparse population density of 313.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.59%.