Senior Living in 06354 (Moosup, CT)
- 06354 scores the same as the Moosup, CT average of 65.
- 06354 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06354 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Villa Maria Nursing and Rehab Community, Woodpecker Hill Health Center, and Masonicare Home Health and Hospice.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Brooklyn Country Club, Foster Country Club, and River Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Old Furnace State Park, Hopeville Pond State Park, and Pachaug State Forest.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including All Hallows Church, Community Connections High School, and All Hallows Convent.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,515, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,930, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,838, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.50%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06354 has a sparse population density of 297.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.44%.