Senior Living in 06355 (Mystic, CT)
- 06355 scores the same as the Mystic, CT average of 78.
- 06355 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06355 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Mystic Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Avalon Health Care Center at Stoneridge.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including The North Course at Goodwin Golf Course, Stonington Country Club, and Pequot Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bluff Point State Park, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including St Patrick Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and Union Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,764, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,590, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,969, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06355 has an average population density of 923.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.60%.