Senior Living in 06357 (Niantic, CT)
- 06357 scores the same as the Niantic, CT average of 68.
- 06357 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06357 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Crescent Point at Niantic, Bride Brook Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Bayview Health Care.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including New London Country Club, Cedar Ridge Golf Course, and Old Lyme Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rocky Neck State Park, Florence Griswold Museum, and Harkness Memorial State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Niantic Community Church, Christ Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,682, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,865, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,244, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06357 has an average population density of 1,189.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.73%.