Senior Living in 06359 (North Stonington, CT)
- 06359 scores the same as the North Stonington, CT average of 81.
- 06359 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06359 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Westerly Hospital).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Westerly Health Center, Stonington Arms, and The Elms .
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 50 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Lake of Isles, Pequot Golf Club, and Stonington Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Strawberry Park Resort Campground, Pachaug State Forest, and Hopeville Pond State Park.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including North Stonington Bible Church, St Thomas More Church, and North Stonington Cngrgtnl Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,776, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,060, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,091, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06359 has a very sparse population density of 97.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.16%.