Senior Living in 06371 (Old Lyme, CT)
- 06371 scores the same as the Old Lyme, CT average of 80.
- 06371 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06371 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Essex Village Manor, Gladeview Rehabilitation Health Care Center, and Meadowbrook Manor.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Old Lyme Country Club, Black Hall Club, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Florence Griswold Museum, Nehantic State Forest, and Rocky Neck State Park.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Christ the King Church, First Congregational Church, and St Ann\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $128,952, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $92,146, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,403, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.19%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06371 has a sparse population density of 181.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.98%.