Senior Living in 06375 (Quaker Hill, CT)
- 06375 scores the same as the Quaker Hill, CT average of 81.
- 06375 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06375 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Greentree Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Hillcrest by JENSEN Communities, and Fairview.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including New London Country Club, Goose Run Golf Course at Naval Submarine Base, and Birch Plain Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Connecticut College Arboretum, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chr, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Quaker Hill Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,711, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,075, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,672, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.28%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06375 has a sparse population density of 461.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.22%.