Senior Living in 06379 (Pawcatuck, CT)
- 06379 scores the same as the Pawcatuck, CT average of 73.
- 06379 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06379 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Westerly Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Stonington Arms, Westerly Nursing Home, and The Elms .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including North/South Course at Elmridge Golf Club, Weekapaug Golf Club, and Winnapaug Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including St Michael\'s Rectory, Open Door Baptist Church, and St Pius X Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,092, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,105, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,336, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06379 has an average population density of 752.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.85%.