Senior Living in 06380 (Taftville, CT)
- 06380 scores the same as the Taftville, CT average of 66.
- 06380 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06380 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (William W Backus Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Norwichtown Rehabilitation and C, Sheltering Arms Retirement Residence, and Crestwood Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Norwich Golf Club, River Ridge Golf Course, and Lisbon Country Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Strawberry Park Resort Campground)..
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,462, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,185, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,045, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.09%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06380 has a dense population density of 2,996.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.69%.