Senior Living in 06382 (Uncasville, CT)
- 06382 scores the same as the Uncasville, CT average of 72.
- 06382 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06382 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (William W Backus Hospital and Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Hillcrest by JENSEN Communities, Orchard Grove Specialty Care Center, and Haughton Cove Manor.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Norwich Golf Club, New London Country Club, and Goose Run Golf Course at Naval Submarine Base.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Connecticut College Arboretum, Nehantic State Forest, and Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including St John\'s Rectory, Calvary Christian Fellowship, and Our Lady of the Lakes Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,323, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,635, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,467, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.04%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06382 has an average population density of 661.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.35%.