Senior Living in 06384 (Voluntown, CT)
- 06384 scores the same as the Voluntown, CT average of 72.
- 06384 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06384 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Villa Maria Nursing and Rehab Community, Woodpecker Hill Health Center, and Alpine Nursing Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including River Ridge Golf Course, Lisbon Country Golf Club, and Executive Golf Club at Lindhbrook.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Pachaug State Forest, Hopeville Pond State Park, and Strawberry Park Resort Campground.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including St Thomas the Apostle Church, St Augustine Catholic Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,941, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,563, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,655, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06384 has a very sparse population density of 70.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.03%.